Sydney's specialist in residential drafting design

Sydney's specialist in
residential drafting design

Do I need a Development Application (DA)?

You will need to lodge a Development Application with your local council if your proposed works don’t meet the requirements for Exempt Development or Complying Development. Our experts in residential drafting design in Penshurst and the Sutherland Shire explain that almost all commercial and industrial developments require a Development Application to be lodged with local council.

Examples of work that would require a Development Application include, but are not limited to:
• Subdivision
• Boundary adjustments
• Building a three-storey house, row of townhouses or apartment   block
• Most additions and alterations to heritage items
• Establishment of use, most changes of use and changes to operating hours
• Adding windows or doors and making external additions to an existing residential building